Friday, October 25, 2002

Fridge Farce

Thursday. Not to busy since blog, been a fairly quiet week, group project meeting on tuesday went well, and we also assigned a meeting for thursdays, so we had one this afternoon. I really think that we can get things going well, but I think some people in the group would like their actual tasks to be more defined, so tonight I started putting the whole thing into project so I can tighten up on it.

Went to work on wednesday afternoon after not being bothered to get up for my lecture that morning, not quite sure why, but there is something _Really_ boring about AI that I can't quite explain. Got a meeting tommorrow morning (friday) with a tutor about a possible change of course, so I hope that I will be able to change to web development, I just can't stand it.

Sent the lanlord an email this morning about the fact that the new fridges that he had promised us had not arrived, and got an almost instant reply saying that they were being loaded into the van that moment, and would arrive this afternoon. I returned today after lectures to a scene of enraged housemates staring at our "new" fridge upstairs. It seems the one downstairs is almost new, however, the one they have provided upstairs seemed to be full of hay, and had quite possibly been in a barn! Not to mention the fact that is is OLDER and SMALLER than the one it was replacing! I tell you I really do hate living in private accomodation sometimes, I think I am definately going back into university accomodation next year. Maybe somewhere I can get ADSL installed instead of relying on "information services".

That reminds me the uni microwave link is down today for the first noticeable time since the start of this year, and it is quite strange to compare it to last year when I was myself using the university link. Last year when the link was down, I had access to my filestore and lecture notes, but no Internet access. however this year, when the microwave link is down, I still have internet access, but no access to my filestore or lecture notes, annoying! Thinking about it, the situation I am in this year is better, as if i am desperate I can always go up to the uni and get any files I need, and my web browsing at home is not affected by random MLL outages.

Must get some sleep, 9.15 meeting and work in the afternoon.

No comments: