Right, it’s been a while since I have blogged, and it’s also been quite an eventful week or so, which means this one is going to be a long and particularly badly structured one :)
Christmas
Christmas day was alright minus the customary family-in-the-same-room-for-too-long stresses that occur every year but were amplified this year for various reasons that I won’t go into. Got some money a few clothes and a few bits, while Christmas will never be as fun and awe-inspiring as it was when I was a child, this year seemed particularly non-christmassy, I was talking to becky (from the US I met online via James) and she said that she felt the same this year, we have provisionally put it down to age. I mean this is my (quickly does sums in his head) 19th Christmas, probably my 10th that I really knew what was going on, suppose it's natural for my view on it to change.
Well, thats the slightly more gloomy part out of the way, otherwise I have been quite busy avoiding all the work I should be doing seeing as the exams are creeping up on me. The Saturday after Christmas, me, pete and few local (ish) friends, a couple of which I haven't seen in ages decided to go to Worcester for a night out. overall it was a reasonable night, managed to randomly meet up with Duncan, a friend I have not really seen properly since the end of Secondary school. The main difference between worcester and aber has to be the fact that Aber is almost always student-friendly no matter what time of year it is, prices in 'The Postal Order' the Wetherspoon in Worcester were comparable to Aber prices, but as soon as we got into the club, the difference hit, THREE pounds for a pint?!! come on, I ususally pay a maximum of that to get into a place yet alone for one drink!
Oli, one of the guys who went with us very kindly gave me some speakers for the car (Sony Xplod 6x9 for those who care), which then enticed me to make the trip into worcester again and buy myself a new head unit to go with them - ended up getting a Blaupunkt one, as they are available with CD and external input for the MP3 Player - more on this later!
It turned out that that Sunday after christmas was an even more expensive flights, as I have booked my flights to America when me and Chris go and sleep on James' floor in Milwaukee for a week. Quite looking forward to it, seems like a trip to Chicago for the weekend is on the cards, and few other things. Flights heathrow - Chicago were only £237 - Bargain!
New years to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment