Happy Winterval
Winterval, as you may know, is what Birmingham called their "non-denominationally specific winter break" festival period a few years back, so I hope you all enjoyed yours... :o)
Anyway, the last few weeks have certainly been quite eventful, and I've crammed quite a lot in so far, to be honest I'm now behind on where i wanted to be with my work for uni, so I'm going to get all my procrastination out of the way by blogging and then get down to it!
When I first got back home, I was pretty much straight out of the door the next morning on the way to work for a morning... Basically I was saying hi to people, and testing the water about possible future employment prospects. Then in the evening it was my department christmas meal, which i was very kindly invited to attend... It was good to catch up with people again etc, but afterwards people headed to this club in worcester called "Drummonds" which was completely packed and it really wasn't my scene, but it was a good night nontheless.
The following weekend was a bit quiet, didn't really do much apart from get my first lie-in in ages, which was good :)
This week was quite excellent actually. On tuesday or monday (i forget which) I met up with friends from school at a local, was a bit annoying as i couldn't have some of the nice ale they have as i was driving, but nontheless it was a good evening. Christmas eve, again i went to go and see some friends, this time in a different pub, however this time my brother came along, which was a bit strange, as I haven't really been to a pub with him before... He drove, which was great, but he did look a bit like it wasn't his scene.
Xmas day was spent at home with the family, and had to be the best christmas day for quite a while, mother excelled herself with the food again :)
Anwyay, will ad more later, but i think i should do something useful for the rest of the evening
No comments:
Post a Comment