Saturday, October 09, 2004

Consuming Calories, then burning them off

Well, what's been going on in the world of Burt at the moment... Went to the pub on Weds, another random evening involving a few work pople and a few of the guys from school, was nice to see people again etc, had some rather nice ales :)
Somewhat bizarrely for your average geek, I've never seen more than a few bits of the Star Wars films... this was deemed unacceptable, so I've been lent the DVDs... and I've been slowly making my way through them... Its also now apparent why I missed out on the whole thing, I'd seen bits and bobs of IV and VI, but not V, which with some of the cross-references must have just confused the hell out of me, hence I never really continued to watch.


There's also an excellent quote from "the empire strikes back" that still rings true today, over 24 years since the original film:

"R2, you know better than to trust a strange computer" - C3PO


I went to our local Morrisons last night, which used to be a Safeway in days passed. Not all that much has changed really, apart from the signs, a bit of the "store furniture" and a few prices. The eggs are now located below a large sign "HEN HUTCH".. this leads me to think who the fuck do they think they are kidding? "hen hutch" implies something relatively small, wooden, with a nice little area outside where the hens do their hen thing all day and peck away at seeds. We all know full well that the majority those eggs haven't been anywhere near a "hen hutch", most of them were forced from the vaginas of innocent little hens kept in tiny wire boxes at "ideal" laying temperature with the lights on all day. Hardly a "hutch" now is it. They do have a good beer offer, though.


Went to a computer fair this morning, which was an utter waste of £3, all the stalls were selling stuff that was cheaper on Ebuyer after delivery costs, and it was all dodgy makes like "Office Tech" and "Klick". Oh, there was also some 15 year old selling a rather comical array of hooky software. It's not like the old days.


This afternoon, I finally bit the bullet and started with my cycling... went on a little tour of the local area, and stopped for a can of sprite at one of the little newsagents. I don't currently have a cycle computer that works (perhaps something to buy tomorrow) a later check with the car speedo indicates that it was 8 miles, which I'm quite pleased with as I wasn't a complete wreck afterwards this time. Perhaps tomorrow I'll do another one. Also the phone served as an excellent MP3 player for the ride, so I might just justify getting a bigger MMC card for it, maybe.



I've also been listening to The Killers' album "Hot Fuss" quite a bit this week, splendid album.

Current Music: The Killers - Somebody Told Me

No comments: